Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Of Cooking, and Work...

I could swear I posted a post about what I've been up to lately and Yoda Speak and even posted a comment on Jess' blog but nada! Wierd. Bleh.

And the show goes on...

Decent home away from home meal, I did have today. I had left over curry from yesterday and cooked up some rice. I can proudly say the meal was 80% Malaysian, 80% coz of the salad and frozen peas in the curry. Heh.

I'm feeling quite confident with my cooking although finesse and presentation ain't really there. Tossing a cheese onion ommelete usually results in egg splater on the stove or a semi scrambled omelette. And in the all threes times I've cooked curry, I've had to fish out my veg/potatoes to spare them from being burnt coz they cook much faster than the meat. Ah, well... baby steps.

It's good to be back to work as well. Something to make the day feel as if it's gone squandered and this may sound well but I haven't dreamt till I got back to work. (Tis was a wierd dream of fishing and Mrs Kang taking over the school with an iron fist and we were all wondering why Mr. Liew didn't do anything to stop it.. wierd indeed, no?)

An interesting thing was that the place I work at (East Midlands Conference Centre) came out
in The Evening Post with this black lady complaining on how she was told to leave coz of the dresscode of black skirts and no black trousers. I didn't get to read it but that really raised an eyebrow.

Ah, well.. that's all for now, folks!

P.S. If you're in search of Entertainment, watch some Robot Chicken on Youtube. The 2nd season's quite decent. There's one SW spoof of Emperor Palapatine and there's a Harry Potter skit on Puberty.. Good stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home