Thursday, September 21, 2006

A hard day's work and random stuff

You know you've down something with your day when you've polished 15 cases of glasses, served coffee/tea to hundreds of people attending a convention, cleaned up like 30 over tables, cleared those tables and chairs and last but not least, clear the whole exhibition area. *phew* To top that up, I came back to discover my housemate doing housework so I got guilty and volunteered to do the bathroom and all. Nevertheless, a day's work does not go unrewarded. We all got some lunch and some ice-cream (it's really hot today.. almost like M'sian weather 'cept much windier)from the guys in the conference centre. Self reward's good too.. nothing quite like a cold glass of raspberry smoothie *insert product placement here, leave a comment below with contacts and we'll possibly work something out*

To top all that off... a good night's sleep.... mebbe after a good night out. Heh.

I've thought of loads of stuff to blog about during those 'the body is there, but the mind is somewhere else' moments. So, to be fair to all those moments.. I shall blog in numbered form on certain random things.

1. Having a nice solid ass helps in butting doors open. No, I'm serious. And who needs to do butt firming/toning exercises when all you've got to do it some waitering/waitressing. Just use that ass!

2. It's amazing how you can spend 3 hours of pay in just an hour on a mediocre Italian meal. (my bro can cook food just as good ffs)There's this restorant in Beeston called, Amour (yes, love in Italian) towards the Beeston train station. A couple of us went there for a farewell for a friend. Entering the classy restaurant, the imagery of pound notes flying away was clear in my mind.. *sigh* But it's not everyday, you bid a friend farewell..

3. Frankenstien Food. I made a special trip down to the city to complete my ingredients for my Cabonara. Thing was.. I forgot the bacon! In the end , I had to improvise with tuna... Another akward thing was getting the proportions right cooking for a single person. In the end, my cabonara was abit too creamy and I ended up using Tuna instead of Bacon.

4. The pope. Yeah, so he did quote someone who thought Islam was rooted in violence but that doesn't make him believe in what the man say. The media's just out to get him to sell more papers, isn't that obvious? I could quote say Hitler or Chairman Mao but does that make me a facist or a communist? It would really depend on the context, no? In the Pope's speech.. he was talking about dialogue.

5. 911 conspiracy? http://www.loosechange911.com/
It's interesting stuff. Yet again, it tells you to question everything, not to take anything for granted. It really does get you thinking. The gist of it is did the US government create 9/11 to get things done? A must-watch.

6. Ahh.. lighter stuff. ROBOT CHICKEN.. I've said it before, I'll say it again.. good stuff. Mostly dumb but some parodies are good:
Starwars Parody
Rapper Bugs
Harry Potter


7. Since we're on the topic of Star Wars.. there's this video on google:
George Lucas in Love (yes, parody of Shakespear in Love and also how he got his ideas for SW)

That's all for now folks!

1 Comments:

At 12:30 pm, Blogger jess said...

*tearing*
look at jo. all grown up and earning his own money..
haha. kidding.

don't take it to hard (the work , i mean , not my joke. lol) ...kick back, have a little fun out of the job and make lemonades out of lemons !
=D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home