Sunday, September 24, 2006

Iron Chef.. Here I Come!


Breakfast. Very English. Mushrooms, Onion & Cheese Omelette (not tossed very well as you can probably see), tomatoes. Just missing the bacon and sausages...


Spaghetti Cabonara! Voila! Abit too creamy, to the point of 'jelak'ness. *sigh* Still working on the proportions.


Dinner. Roast Chicken made with honey, soya sauce and chili powder. Mom's recipe. Ahh.. Yes. Decorated nicely as Seng and Liza asked me over to dinner so needed a dish to bring over. Picked up a few tricks on food deco from working at the conference centre. Sprinkle some parsley and frozen peas to give your food some colour!

Yes, still a long way to competing in Iron Chef perhaps but tis a journey I enjoy! Although I have to admit I'm at the mercy of the expiry dates rather than me cooking and eating at my whim and fancy. That explains the common theme of cherry tomatoes in each dish! Heh. Btw, cherry tomatoes are supposed best kept out of the fridge to perserve the taste.

The roast chicken came out abit raw but Seng gave some advice he picked up from cooking class that I should have pre boiled the chicken and then tossed it into the oven then. Mm.

'till next time peeps.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home