Monday, September 25, 2006

Of hide and seek, dodgeball and Jehovah witnesses...

Fresher's Fayre!

It's the new academic year in Notts.. which means its that time again.. to go around grab lots of free stuff, people guilting you into giving up your email address (I lost count how many times I did this), being approached by Jehovah Witnesses.. (I get approached by 'em quite often wherever I am.. Do I look that God-forsaken?) and of course, signing up for societies!

I remember blogging about the bellringing society last year.. This year I came across, the hide and seek-soc. The ideal soc to seek the inner child within! (their words, not mine) I can't help thinking it's more for people who've had deprived childhoods but i guess...hey, whatever floats your boat!

I'm thinking of taking up dodgeball this year. Partly inspired by the movie and also looking to try something different. Yeah,I've got to remember the 4 Ds! Dodge, dive, dip and Dodge! And.. if you can dodge a bullet, you can dodge a ball! Lol.

Hmm.. The dilemma you face at this time of the year is... so many societies/activities, so little time. I'm thinking of taking up salsa after a brief tryout of ballroom dancing. The problem is all these societies will do everything short of duress (posting their most attractive members is a common tactic) to recruit members just to boost their treasuries knowing that most people sign up and don't end up participating in most activities. Choose wisely, I must.

In other news....
While browsing through youtube.. I came across clips from an episode of Buffy where it's a 'musical' episode(Once more, with feeling)! Joss Wheldon's pure genius! Basically in this episode, Buffy's sis, Dawn summoned a demon who causes the whole town to go into a musical frenzy. This has to be one of the best episodes as it captures the backstory of the characters (ie: Buffy's reluctance of being the slayer, Buffy and Spike?, the 'Buffy' gang, Tara & Willow) Check them out here:

The Buffy gang has a theory - Jazz hands and it's the bunnies, I tell yer! Heheh.
I'll never tell
Buffy's going through the motions
Buffy goes to save Dawn.. Giles: 'She needs backup!' LOL!
Where do we go from here

Be sure to check out the other clips. The singing's not bad and the tunes are rather catchy. Good Stuff!

Ahh, yes Joss Wheldon infuses comedy, good drama, good dialogue and good taste. Buffy's much more than just a fit bird prancing around with a wooden stake with Joss around. Sadly, all good things must come an end.

'nuff said.. till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home