Saturday, October 07, 2006

Lots going on...

A week plus of neglect! Well, If i could sum up what I've been up to in a rather non-sensical and convulated post, it'll be: (in back chronological order starting from last night)

Last night
A group of us banded together to have our own little Lantern Festival dinner in Beeston. Most of the food was provided by Weng Yau, Eugene, Daniel and Kwan Wei but a few of us brought a dish or two. I came up with the most Asian dish I can cook.. Fried Wantans! They came out quite okay although quite a number were squished and ended up like eggless mutabak 'cause the skin split. Nevertheless, it was well recieved and an hour of wrapping wantan seemed to have gone appreciated!

Some pics of the night:


(L-R) Esmund, (some HK guy I met during International week), Jin, Kwan Wei, Daniel, Lai Ling, Han, Charlene, me and Eugene.
Cameo apperance: My fried wantan behind the furthest pot on the left.

Chow time!

Yes, centre of attention. I like it that way.

Making myself at home...

Past week
In the academic department, I've dropped commercial law. I intented to change that module to Public International Law (PIL) but it was filled up and I ended up fifth on the waiting list. So now, I'm currently on Family law. Nevertheless, I attended the first two PIL lectures and it was fantastic. In the first lecture, the lecturer brought an inflatable globe and we were to name a country and point it out starting from A to Z. So, it was like a mini-beach ball session with the globe flying across the lecture theatre and the receiver having to name a country with the alphabet we're on. Some were trying to avoid the globe like the plague when the harder alphabets came up.

The second lecture didn't involve any gimmicks but still, PIL seems right up my lane as it's to do more with current issues. It's interesting to note that to the public's eyes that Public International Law does not seem to exist because it's pratically not enforceable but in truth, it's not the enforceability which really makes the law exist but it's existence itself. This perception is further enforced by media reports of conflicts involving Public International Law but in actual fact, PIL does exist. Take criminal law, it's there but yet people still murder,rob, etc.. Does that mean Crim Law doesn't exist? *

The other modules I'm taking this year are Criminal, Land and European Union Law. So far, Criminal has proven the most interesting but Land and EU law at times, prove as interesting and as painful as staring into the sun.

In other areas of my life, staying with my bro has its ups and downs. Someone to cook for you in exchange for well, cleaning up. One of the downs is that my bro tends to live up to the animal of the Chinese Year he was born in (1983.. go figure) He came back from Malta with a bronze tan, Maltese drinks and interesting tales of his adventure there. In fact, we had a Maltese themed house warming on last Tuesday.

Mm.. There was one interesting thing that happened last week too. It was at the Inter-society clubbing event at Faces. It was still rather early around 11-ish when we got into the club and as I was walking past the dancefloor, a hand whips out and grabs me. As I look around, I notice this Korean girl I've seen from somewhere and her group of friends looked just as confused as I did. Then, she said something like about knowing my brother from church. And it struck me that she was at church on Sunday and was talking to my brother. Then, I asked her name and with the music suddenly turned up, all I could barely hear was two syallables! ( I later asked my bro and her name's Nadine) So, I just stuck around 'till she shifted her attention to a different guy and made a discreet but swift escape to the bar. Hm. Talk about wierd, random encounters. I mean, if you want to someone better, there's gotta be better ways than to enlist his help in getting the dancefloor started and trying to get to know the person better in a club. o.0

'Till next time, peeps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home