Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Of Dreams, Uni Cards, Free Stuff and Looking Korean ..

You know you're gonna have a eyebrow raising day when you've had a dream the previous night where: You're on the Deathstar. You're a Jedi. Princess Leia and Darth Vader makes cameos. Safwan, Praveen and Jeannie are in there too. You save everyone by slicing 'em with your lightsaber and using jedi mind tricks. And you say in your dream: If Luke Skywalker can escape the deathstar, I'm sure we can!

That was the most out of the world dream I've ever had. It was like some badly written essay by a 10 year old brought to life. I would know.. with my mom telling me some of the essays her students write. I can guess why Saf and Prav appeared in my dream coz that day there were over here watching the George Lucas in Love parody with me and I remember talking to a guy from UNIM who knows Jeannie from Taylors CPU. Still, that was one far out dream. I told my law mates about it and they laughed their heads off. Mm.

On with my day...

I went to the library with my semi-broken, cello-taped, warped uni card and guess what? I still can get in and out with it and borrow books with it. The only downside is that the uni sports centre doesn't seem to be able to read the barcode well. That means they doesn't recognize I have a season ticket and I might have to pay a pound each time I go in. Good thing I still have my receipt for my season pass with me.

I did go down to talk to the uni card people but they said they're giving priority to the people who haven't gotten their cards.. So that means, I've got to wait 2 weeks to get it fixed and it'll cost 20 quid. *sigh* But my earlier experiments showed it still kinda works.. so maybe, just maybe, I'll survive with a warped, cello-taped, broken uni card for the rest of the year.

For lunch yesterday, I thought I'll be lazy and just head down to the Portland Food Court to eat rather than pack something coz I was rather low on resources back home anyway. Before that, I popped by the SU shop and they were like giving loads of free stuff. I headed down the stairs, I got a free pack of Levels. Wahey, that's like... dessert! I was about to enter the SU shop, and behold! Free samples of juice! That's part of my 5 portions a day! Exit the Su Shop, Lo and Behold! Free sliced up wraps and sandwiches. Yay, for free protein and carbs! So technically, I could have like walked around like 3 times and gotten like enough free samples to count as lunch. But, nah.. I didn't. Instead, I spent like 4 quid on lunch. I really shouldn't have gone for the strawberry cheese cake. Cursed sweet tooth. In hindsight, I should have been kiasu enough to have pulled the stunt off.

But it wasn't lunch that was particulary interesting. While I was waiting in line to enter the food court, this Korean girl suddenly popped into my range of version and like stared at me and then apologized. So, I asked her whether did she mistaken me for someone and she said.. I looked Korean! She said it was the leather jacket, the way I dress, the hairstyle and all.. And I have to say, I was flattered. I mean, back home.. we've got girls go stark-raving mad at some of the Korean stars (I can't name any to save my life, btw). Even my bro has been said to look like that Korean guy in Winter Sonata. (Although, this was by an aunt and there might be a bit of family bias, but hey it still counts!)

So, here's the deal. Why fantasize about some Korean star far beyond your reach when you can go after either Leong brother.. easily accessible, just as good looking but twice the charm (it's the Leong family charm you see) Heh. It's gonna be awhile till I get my feet back on the ground.

Not bad for skipping the freebies and getting a boost to the ego instead. Heh. Priceless!

That's it for now! Cheerio!

2 Comments:

At 2:31 pm, Blogger Shazeea said...

I'd settle for a Leong brother. Although I haven't met your brother. Wait...did he come to college? I've even forgotten his name. J-something.

Dreaming about Star Wars is cool. Once I played way too much Red Alert 2 : Yuri's Revenge I dreamt we were all being controlled by evil Yuris.

 
At 1:40 am, Blogger Joachim L. said...

Hey Shazeea...

It's James. So if he wanted, he could do the whole routine. Hold a shaken not stirred martini and say to the ladies.. The name's Leong.. James Leong. And possibly pull off.

Heh.

Ooo.. RA2: Yuri's.. A classic! Actually, I get more dreams of alien invasions/body snatching alien dreams more than anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home