Monday, November 06, 2006

Maritial Bliss... (no goats this time)

Finally, after a long hiatus.. I'm back!

It's been an eventful hiatus with my cousin's wedding a few weeks back and Notts Malaysian Games on this weekend. Add in tutorial preparations and viola! Jam-packed, hectic weeks!

It's ironic that after my last post, I managed to get a peek at Birmingham's Bullring and have a quick stroll and a coffee in Cambridge on my way to Bath. It was funny (as in ironic funny, not haha funny) when I was having my packed sandwich (yes, economical I am) and coming up from the escalator from the train station in B'ham and lo, and behold! A starbucks waitress was serving free mocha and a free brownies right in front of me. If a ray of light was to shine right down on her, heck, I'll convert my religion to Starbucks! It was like.. dessert and coffee to compliment lunch. Booya!

Mm.. I'm familar with it's stone buildings after my last trip down here last Christmas. It's a picturesque, hilly town. Unfortunately, the weather was rather dreadful while me and my bro were there but the wedding went well, nevertheless. Basically, we went down on Saturday morning and reached there in the evening.Toured around Bath abit on Sunday Morning before the wedding service at the chapel in the afternoon and there was the wedding reception later in the evening.

Photo composition ahead! (photos, thanks to my bro)


A rainbow over the horizon as we were changing trains. Neat, eh?

Bath!! Limestone buildings,river and all...

'Brotherly love'. 'Nuff said.

In deep thought with hot chocolate. You can't call yourself a tourist without stopping by somewhere for nice hot drink, now..

My cousin, my uncle, my bro and me in a pre-wedding photo.

The wedding progamme booklet...

The groom and the best man await the arrival of the bride...


Yeap, the wedding vows bit. If anyone has any legal reasons why this couple should not be united, speak now or forever hold your peace! Yea, he really did say it.

There goes the newly weds!

A wedding reception photo of the the lovely couple...

The first dance as husband and wife for Anthony and Eunie...

Can't blame a guy for grabbing a few winks on the long ride back...

Yeap, well those are some of the pics I scoped out. I think I'll be loading the rest on to facebook in time to come.. it's just so tedious to post pics on blogger.

A few other points of interest of the wedding were:

1) It's English tradition to hold the bride's arm on your left, so that the man's right hand was free to wield his sword to defend his bride. No kidding.

2) The priest, a rather nice guy, gave a joke about how the congregation always thinks about the bride's and groom's nerves but never the priest's! And he said he would always get someone remarking about the weather and whether with his 'connections', he could do something about it. His reply to that would be, " I deal in sales, not management.

3) Me, my bro and my uncle were the only relatives on the groom's sides. We're related to Anthony through our mom's side (the foochow Lau side) and in my uncle's speech he mentioned about his 9 brothers and sisters and how our family has mushroomed to over 160 neices and nephews and hinted to Eunie that we expect her to keep up with our former PM's call to increase our nation's population to 70 million. We, Laus have been keeping our 'qouta' up.. I probably shouldn't be typing about this coz I might be scaring my prospects away. Lol. Noooooo! Come back.. it's all negotiable!

Heh. Well, that's it all from me, peeps!

'Till next time.

4 Comments:

At 7:39 am, Blogger jess said...

you became a victim to Starbuck's marketing schemes...hhoo humm..

 
At 2:05 pm, Blogger Joachim L. said...

what can I say.. the way to man's heart is through his stomache! Lol.

 
At 3:06 am, Blogger jess said...

yhaha...i was msning with a guy friend yesterday at the same time i posted this comment. and (on a seperate issue) that was an exact comment he made. word for word..

geez man..now i know..all that remains in a guys head = food + girls and maybe sometimes sports. .. ;p

 
At 6:28 am, Blogger Joachim L. said...

Guilty as charged! We, men in essence are simple beings. Heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home